Mappin has multiple project support. This means that a single instance / subscription to Mappin can host multiple, independent projects.
For example, you could set up the following:
- you.cloudmappin.com/swansea (a general web mapping project covering the Swansea area)
- you.cloudmappin.com/incident (a dedicated national incident reporting web map)
- you.cloudmappin.com/gritting (a web map specific to national gritting routes)
- has its own URL (with the part after the / corresponding to the project name
- has its own settings / admin page located at you-admin.dev.cloudmappin.com/#/PROJECT
- has independent settings including active modules, map layers, map projection etc.
- can be publicly visible or require users to login to view it
Selecting a project¶
When you load the default Mappin URL (without specifying a project) you’ll be prompted to select a project:
The projects shown in the example above are public projects - ones which do not require users to first login.
After selecting a project, the URL will change to include the project name at the end, for example you.cloudmappin.com/demo You can use this URL featuring the project name to go directly to the specified project, bypassing the project selection page.
Creating new projects and managing access to private projects¶
Mappin will soon include controls for managing projects through its administrator interface but for now, projects are managed on behalf of users by the Mappin support team. If you’d like to create or delete projects, please contact the Mappin Support Team who will be happy to do this for you.
Similarly, if you’d like to create a private project with associated user logins for accessing it, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help you set this up.